Saturday, November 2, 2013
Week In Review - Ten Things Of Thankful (16)
Yay for Saturday!! We were busy this morning having an appointment at 9:30am to pick out the tile for our bathrooms (dark gray floor and shiny white walls in the large bathroom, light grey for the guest bathroom) and decided to drive on to Erlangen to shop for new glasses for the girls. Relaxing now while my yeast cake is rising and contemplating all the things I've been thankful for last week:
1. Being able to take the day off to celebrate hubby's birthday with him.
2. Getting to spend a morning playing and cuddling with Violet while Lily was in kindergarten.
3. A large mail inbox capacity.
4. A new prescription for glasses for Violet. As I learned at the vision store, her astigmatism is too strong for regular standard lenses and her new set of glasses nearly cost us an arm and a leg, but she'll be able to see again properly, and that's worth more than anything else.
6. Good fall weather for Halloween. It was chilly but dry, and we were out almost and hour and a half. Can't ask for more on October 31!
7. My co-workers, who give me the "mommy bonus" of not having to stay until 5pm so I can be home in time to have dinner, dress up the girls and meet the group at 6:30.
8. A wonderful day with my parents yesterday. They came to celebrate Richard's birthday, treated us all for lunch at a really good Chinese restaurant and spent the afternoon at our place, relaxing and playing with the girls.
9. Spending hours on the couch knitting with Lily. Her first project is a scarve for her Mr. Bunny.
10. Wonderful, wonderful friends who listen to me and let me listen to them. What would I do without them?
Hope everyone enjoys their weekend. Thank you so, so much to Lizzi for hosting!