Saturday, November 23, 2013
Week In Review - Ten Things of Thankful 25th Edition
Happy 25th TToT-Anniversary!! The watchful reader (I count on you, Jak) will have noticed that I have jumped from number 18 (the 18th TToT I've participated in) straight to 25, because - let's be serious - 19 is not quite as memorable as a big, fat 25!! Thank you so much to the mother of TToT, the wonderful Lizzi. This link-up has definitely helped me to focus more on all the things in my life I have reason to be thankful for. Therefore, to honor this milestone in TToT-history, 25 things to be incredibly thankful for:
1. The first of my colleages at work being back. Finally, I'm not all by myself on my block again.
2. Lily taking so good care of her little sister. Watched Lily helping Violet get dressed this week, and another morning, both of them had lots of good cuddles in my bed after I had gotten up.
3. The library at my work. So many great books and DVDs, all free without late fees.
4. The cafe at my work. Nothing beats a good chai latte in the afternoon with my colleagues.
5. Getting to organize an afternoon of fun for Violet and her friend, who's going to move soon.
6. Great advice from wonderful ladies when I didn't know better.
7. Salmon for dinner earlier this week. Hubby always know how to surprise me ;-)
8. Getting the first proofs holiday pictures. They areso beautiful!
9. Spending a couple of hours browsing the home improvements store with the hubby while the girls played at the kiddy-land.
10. Being so in-sync with the hubby when it comes to picking out stuff for the house. It took us about 10 minutes to decide on the paint for the entire house.
11. Baking with the girls.
12. Being nearly done with my holiday shopping. I hate frantically running through stores the week before the holidays.
13. The house. It's been a hard, frustrating journey so far, but it has taught me so much in terms of patience, letting things go, and how well hubby and I work together.
14. A job that allows us to live comfortably on one income so we can spend a lot of time with the girls.
15. Clean water, access to medical treatment, a roof over our heads, clothes, food.
16. A supportive family I can rely on.
17. Friends, whether they are in Germany, in the U.S., or anywhere else, whether we have a long history together or just met a few months ago, whether we know in person or on the www only. All of them mean the world to me!
18. Books, writing, letters, language.
19. Love, laughter, kindnes.
20. A wonderful dinner tonight. My first Carbonara was a full success.
22. Our daughters' smiles.
23. Living in a country where I can live openly as an Atheist.
24. Another German Thanksgiving celebration next week.
25. And last, but not least: Lizzi for coming up with this link-up and providing the platform to come together every week to reflect on all the things, big and small, to be thankful for.
Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!