Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2014 Is Here!

It's finally here. Last night's celebration was very nice. Violet, who's been a little under the weather the last few days, fell asleep around 9:30 and after waking up about a half hour later wanted to go to bed. Lily played all night with our friends' kids and properly enjoyed herself. The food was plenty and absolutely yummie. We listened to some music, had great conversation, and at midnight, we went on the balcony to burn our sparklers and watch the firework. Lily decided to stay in her room and watch the firework from there before joining us in the living room.

This morning we had a nice family breakfast with traditional New Year's pastries, and kept it quiet for the rest of the day. I slept for most of the afternoon on the couch cuddled up with Lily, while Violet enjoyed feeling better again. We had left-overs for dinner, called our families and made puzzles together before bath time.

So, since 2014 is here, what do I expect from this coming year? What do I hope for it? I wish for health for our family. I hope for finally some things to go right at the building site and a move by early spring. I hope for Richard to get his school and college transcripts soon and to get a good job. We are looking forward to Lily starting elementary school in fall and Violet starting year 2 in kindergarten. To watch the two of them grow, learn, have fun. I hope to have an overnight date with Richard sometime this year, or at least a few more "normal" dates with just the two of us. I am looking forward to time to spend with family, friends, and new people I hope to meet.

I hope to finally be able to organize better, to purge properly and finally have a tidy home. I want to cook better, eat better, dress better, and shave my legs every day. I want to be more patient, stop to breath more often, be kinder, more content, and less stressed. I want to see my days as gifts, every day, and make the best of them.

What are your resolutions for 2014?

Happy New Year, and may 2014 be the best it can be for you!

4 comments:

  1. What a great list of hopes, Stephanie! I love your hope for a daily shave of the legs...that does feel like a luxury in the life of a busy woman, doesn't it? I laughed out loud because I completely understand. I'm just about to finish up the start of my new year plan - come over and see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely will, Lisa! I kept up and shaved my legs last night. It only takes me about 5 minutes, I don't know why it's still so difficult for me to keep up.. At some point, hubby mentioned that I might need a different lotion because my skin was so rough. No, love, my skin is fine, I just haven't shaved in a while... Oooops :-)

      Delete
  2. Sounded like the perfect way to end 2013 and to also start 2014, too. My girls made it to 11:45 and were just beat. So, we put them to bed, watched the ball drop and then went to bed ourselves shortly after that. Happy New Year again Stephanie!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds awesome, too! Lily made it until about 2 a.m., last year, both of them were up until the bitter end, about 1:30 a.m. Wishing you a very Happy New Year as well :-)

      Delete