Saturday, January 25, 2014
Week In Review - Ten Things Of Thankful (32)
What a fun week. What an exhausting week. With, once again, tons of things to be thankful for. I didn't get to spend as much time with the family this week as usually, but I had the opportunity to meet many new people, catch up with some I had met before, share interesting conversations and many a laugh. The best of this last week?
1. Fresh apples from the north of Germany, hand-carried to me by my co-worker!
2. The official dinner with all the coaches and attendees for the training. The food was ok, but the fun we had was totally worth nearly starving in between the pasta and the fish course :-)
3. My training on Wednesday going well. It was my first time speaking in front of a larger number of professionals. Some of the colleagues had decades of experience, some were fairly new to the company. It was definitely a great experience (and I got at least one "excellent" rating).
4. A great dinner with one of my co-workers from the training. Hubby made his yummie pasta sauce, we talked (way too much about work, but what to expect??), played with the girls, mused about the future.
5. Despite having my colleague over for dinner, I caught an early to-bed. I so needed it after 2 late nights in a row.
6. Hubby being my rock and supporting my professional antics without ever complaining. He's such a wonderful man!
7. The girls for being supportive, even though I know it's difficult for them. I'm glad to enjoy lots of quality time for them this weekend.
8. Surviving an afternoon with "terror girl". I met Lily's friend's mom while out grocery shopping, and she told me that both she and her husband were sick. So my helper's syndrom kicked in and I invited Lily's friend over for the afternoon. Much too much candy was consumed, Violet was properly pestered and prodded, Lily forgot her manner, and hubby had to really contain himself during dinner to not give her a crash course in table manners.
9. Having the chance to attend hubby's concert tomorrow. My parents are going to watch the girls and I'll meet up with a friend and two colleagues, one with her husband for the concert. I'm so excited!
10. Hubby asking me to be his "+1" for the buffet reception after the concert. Love it if he officially asks me out on dates.
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!