Saturday, January 11, 2014
Week In Review - Ten Things Of Thankful (30)
Half of my weekend is over already, time to wrap up this week of tons of things to be thankful for. This weeks top ten:
1. Hubby for cooking delicious veggy chili for me. He's taking so good care of me!
2. Tons of cuddles with the girls on the couch this afternoon.
3. Lily surprising me with her passport picture on Monday. We've had some sort of a situation when she refused to have them taken, claiming to be scared. After no promises (or threats) could change her mind and she announced that she'd rather never travel again, I had a heart on heart with her, firmly telling her that her antics were neither cute nor funny but rather annoying to us. I told her that I loved it so much that she was so understanding and reasonable, and that she didn't need to compete with Violet, who's much younger than her. She double-checked if she'd still get ice cream for dessert, which I confirmed, and Monday she went and got that picture taken. Love this girl :-)
4. Violet bringing home an absolutely cute gift from kindergarten. So adorable!
5. Jammie pants.
6. Kids who get excited when there's baked salmon and cream spinach for dinner.
7. Home-made apple pie, and the smell that comes with it!
8. Having a boss who cares about my well-being at work. I had major issues with dry eyes before the holidays, to the point that even false tears didn't help any more and I bare could keep my eyes open by 3:30 p.m. She contacted our corporate medical services to inquire about relief options and will also contact workplace security. Come Monday, we'll implement the first steps.
9. A lazy Saturday that is much more cherished after a busy work week.
10. A wonderful, wonderful friend!
Have a great weekend everyone!