Monday, January 20, 2014

The Imperfect Housewife



I should make this a series, because if I'm good at anything, it's failing to run a smooth, organized household. But more than anything, I hate ironing. To the point that it simply does not happen in our house, except if Richard needs his dress shirt ironed for a concert.

http://livingthesweetlife.com/images/no_ironing.jpg
Source


Today, you could see an unusual sight: me equipped with a bath towel (no ironing boards in our house! yes, it's that bad!!) our iron, and some moist cotton dish towels, ironing some slacks like a little mad person, with creases and all. Yes, one could say I'm slightly nervous for the training session I'm scheduled for on Wednesday.

But on regular days, how do we keep our clothes neat and tidy without ironing if I'm not going to stand in front of a bunch of international colleagues?  First of all, we mostly don't use the dryer but air-dry our clothes. Once the laundry is coming out of the washer, I straighten out the clothes before putting them on the drying rack; they come off there much straighter than from the dryer. Tons of time saved on the ironing board. Let the procrastinating continue!

4 comments:

  1. Ugh cleaning is the worst! I actually used to like to clean. Before when I had time aka before AJ. What was I thinking!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're pretty good keeping the floors clean, because we all hate stuff in between our toes :-) The funny thing is, before we had kids, there wasn't much to clean, because we were gone all day long.. Always remember, it's always more important to have happy kids than a spotle home!

      Delete
  2. I am horrible when it comes to ironing. Least favorite chore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally!! At least, the BDUs aren't used any more. Ironing those was such a pain! ACUs are much easier to take care of :-)

      Delete