Thursday, January 30, 2014

Guitar Fun



Lily loves music, so we decided to get her a guitar as a holiday present. And since it's more fun learning an instrument together, I surprised Richard with a guitar as a gift as well.

Last Sunday, Lily and Richard practiced with their guitar together for the first time. Some time later, Lily showed up with red eyes. We asked her what was wrong, and she almost broke into tears again, confessing that it was so hard to learn.

Just a couple of days later, when I came home from work, Lily was running at m, beaming with pride, telling me that she was again practicing with her Daddy and that it went a lot better than last time. She knows how to tune her guitar by herself now and some easy chords.

That night, when Violet was too tired for a good night story, I heard Richard playing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star on his guitar for her after tucking her into bed.I almost teared up seeing the two of them!

Lily playing Daddy's bass and her own guitar

8 comments:

  1. Yay you for starting her early with music. Music has always been a huge part of our family and for me, there's just something so special about a family playing together and singing.. Who knows.. She may grow up and get on American Idol like my boy did. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your boy went to American Idol?? How cool! Lily definitely inherited the musical talent from her dad, a professional musician. And I love seeing her joy in making music and singing. I'm not musical at all, but I like to dance and listen to music with the girls :-)

      Delete
  2. Music is so important. Yay for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Lisa! I love watching the girls growing up with lots of music all around them.

      Delete
  3. How fun that that's some thing she can do with her daddy!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely a special thing between the two of them, and I'm happy that they can share their passion for music!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Isn't it? I'm so excited that they both share this talent and hobby :-)

      Delete