Thursday, January 23, 2014

When The Job Takes Over

I've been gone the last two days. Work has been crazy busy; this week, we have a group of people from all over the world visiting for training. Tuesday was the official dinner, and yesterday I had one of my colleauges from Portugal over for dinner. At the same time, I started feeling under the weather and developed the first headcold of the season.

After doing my training session and sat through a formal lunch, I was glad to get out a little early with my colleague and we had a nice evening; hubby made his delicious pasta sauce and we played a game with the girls. When it was bath-time, I took my colleague back to her hotel; poor Lily became upset, worrying that I again would leave for the night. But luckily for them, Lily and Violet got to stay up and watch some cartoons until I came back and got to tell them their good night story. Afterward, I went to bed myself, hoping to get over he cold; well, not that lucky!

Today, I managed to get out on time. I made baked tortellini with left-over sauce for dinner, and afterward, I got the best cuddles with the girls. I got to share quality time with the hubby, shower the girls, rub ointment in the injuries of the day and read stories cuddled up in bed.

This is how it should be every single night, but in reality, it doesn't always work like that. And at those nights, I miss them, no matter how fun the night is. Sometimes it does indeed happen, and my job takes over my first, my more important life, my family. 

Let me tell you, I'm so looking forward to this weekend!!

8 comments:

  1. It's such a tough juggling act isn't it? One day it won't be - trust me on that. Cherish those cuddles n' snuggles, they go by so fast..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of the time it's ok, but there are times when there's tons of work and colleagues missing for a longer time when it's really overwhelming. At least, I have a lot of leave days, 30 per year plus the public holidays. And I definitely enjoy every second of cuddling with those little girls :-)

      Delete
  2. I am with you on looking forward to the weekend and I even worked through a snow storm and having the girls home, plus still had more to do when they were at school today. Sometimes it just never ends. So I can so relate. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, I made it :-) This week was just so exhausting, even though I went to bed early on Wednesday. Being sick (again) sucks!! Hope you have a very relaxing weekend, Janine!

      Delete
  3. Glad you have the weekend to look forward to. It sounds like it's been a manic week!

    Top up on as many cuddles as you can to get you through the last day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was crazy, Lizzi, I'm really, really glad it's weekend! Cuddles were great this evening :-)

      Have a great weekend, my friend!

      Delete
  4. Trying to juggle everything is tough sometimes. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jen. It was quite overwhelming sometimes, so this weekend will be full of relaxing :-) Have a great weekend, Jen! Hugs

      Delete