Saturday, January 18, 2014

Week In Review - Ten Things Of Thankful (31)


Ten Things of Thankful








Saturday already, and today passed so quickly. First of all, big congrats to Lisa at The Meaning Of Me for scoring the open co-host position that was left by Joy. Thank you for hosting all those months, Joy!

This past week, even though quite stressful, once again held many things to be thankful for. Here are my 10 for this week:

1. Hubby surprising me with my favorite comfort food, the plain old spaghetti and tomato sauce, for dinner this Friday. Even though he prefers to put "stuff" (onions, mushrooms, etc.) in the sauce he made it just the way I love it, he's so selfless sometimes  :-)

2. A wonderful Saturday morning outing with the girls today. Hubby had a rehearsal for his concert next week, so I took the girls to get their hair cut and run some errands. We had a fun lunch date at a cafe, and the girls got to pick out some wool for a little project and potential holiday present. Yes, I'm planning ahead  :-)

3. Baking with Violet. It was actually pretty relaxing this time, because she relaxed and didn't panic about being left out. We definitely had tons of fun.

4. Getting approached by a co-worker if I wanted my name to be put on the list for the employee's council elections. To be honest, I have thought about signing up, but then I was insecure, didn't want to push myself into the spotlight. When my co-worker asked me to sign up, I was very moved, and I'm excited for the elections in spring!

5. A fun evening with wonderful friends. Our friends had to leave early, but the few hours we spent talking, eating, and playing a fun game, was so much fun as usual.

6. My grandpa, who got to celebrate his 85th birthday last Friday. I'm really looking forward to visiting them tomorrow.

7. Getting great news from the constuction site: There's going to be power within the next 2 to 3 weeks, and at the same time, we'll most likely have water and gas. Please keep your fingers crossed that everything works out as planned!

8. Getting a recording of hubby's performance of the Carmina Burana. Since I couldn't get any concert tickets any more, at least I will be able to listen to it at home now.

9. Having almost finished a project that I had started months ago. Yes, I'm just a mean, old procrastinator.

10. Tiramisu.

11. Snatching the Book of Secret Rules from Clark and adding # 815.


Have a wonderful weekend, everyone, and thank you very much for hosting, Lizzi!


21 comments:

  1. BUt I though # 815 was about the parking spaces? Its not? Oh man, those virgins got some answering to do!
    Finishing projects, meals made for you the way you like, considerate hubs, oh and tiramisu (coulda been the whole list...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get free parking at work, and still take the bus, so that's taken care of :-) Definitely agree with you on the virgins!!

      It was definitely a great week! Hubs is the best!

      Delete
  2. hey! when the campaigning season begins (for your new position on the council) let us know! Nothing like a bunch of blog posts coming from out of left field to help build the groundswell support!!
    Good news on the construction! Even though you know when you start that there are delays and surprises and such, the closer you get to completion the more the suspense builds for the final hurdles to be crossed.

    Secret Rule #815!! (that is why there are 7 GuardVirgins and not 3 or 5!) lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There won't be much campagning I'm afraid, but I'll definitely appreciate the consolation when I end up as "stand-in no. 23" :-) Went and signed up today, after yet another coworker told me "You should think about running for the council, we need people like you" - meaning bitching, nagging, stubborn ladies like me :-)

      Go Secret Rule no. 815!!!

      Delete
  3. Hey, POWER! That's really good! What a step forward. I know you're living this *so much more* than I am, through this, but it's even draining to read about it being so slow! Your fortitude is incredible for hanging on in there so well while the building work all plods on.

    YAY for favourite foods and tiramisu.

    And I thought #815 was to do with lengthening, but not of posts. Hmmm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Power is not quite there yet, still need lots of crossed fingers that the town actually follows through with their promise.. The whole process is definitely such a lesson in patience, but it's easier to accept if there's no other option. I've stopped losing sleep over it months ago. It'll going to happen when it's going to happen..

      Thanks so much for your support, Lizzi!

      Delete
  4. Hooray for power at the house site!

    And I have to tell you that we also had plain old spaghetti and meatballs for dinner the other night! Something about that is so comforting. Now I think I might hit the leftovers...

    And yay for completing projects!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH, and thanks for the congratulations!

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much, Lisa! It's not quite there yet, and they already tried to pull some tricks again, so I need lots of crossed fingers and toes at that front still!!

      Oh, leftovers of spaghetti are almost better than on the first day! Enjoy your leftovers, Lisa! :-)

      Delete
  5. Yay to a wonderful weekend so far. I love that you got to spend some quality time with your girls with haircuts and baking, too. Hoping that Sunday is as good as Saturday was now, too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Janine! We went to visit my grandparents Sunday, and it was so much fun. Got my grandpa some pear liquor from my coworker's distillery, and he loved it :-) Hope you had a great weekend yourself, Janine!

      Delete
  6. ...Secret rule book? Is that anything like the secret note book in the Hugh Jackman/Christian Bale movie about magicians which is called The Prestige? Cool, any way you look at it!
    My sister had a box under her bed with stuff in it I wasn't allowed to look at. It was locked. I never did find out what the heck was in that!!! :) xox jean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Secret Rule Book is an insider on the Link-up. I don't know if anyone actually writes down all the "rules" that are being developed :-) Thank you so much for stopping by, Jean!

      Delete
  7. I'm a fan of plain old spaghetti with meat sauce- no extras for me! You'll have to keep us posted on the council elections- good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure will, Kate! I officially signed up today, after yet another coworker of mine told me I'd be perfect for the council (i.e. bitchy, nagging, stubborn, etc.) :-)

      Richard used to use day-old hamburgers as meatballs in pasta sauce, SO yummie! But I don't eat meat any more, so plain tomato sauce is my go-to :-)

      Delete
  8. It's so nice when someone does something for you. Does it count that my husband vacuumed the bedroom after I had been asking him to do it for two weeks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, if he did an especially good job, it definitely counts :-) I'm really lucky that hubby does a lot around the house! Have a great week, Jen!

      Delete
  9. I find that life often takes priority over projects, so congratulations on being nearly finished with your project after less than a year! You won't hear me calling you a procrastinator!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited to be finished with it at last. Not quite yet, but in a week or so, the washing should begin :-) Thank you so much for stopping by, Kristi!

      Delete
  10. I have always enjoyed baking with the kids. I'm glad Violet is enjoying it more, which means you can, too.
    Your husband knows how to keep a marriage strong if he makes the sauce the way you want it. So sweet of him.

    It's always nice to get affirmation from a colleague, isn't it? Good for you, putting yourself into the election.

    Light at the end of the construction tunnel!?!? Good news, for sure! Keeping my fingers crossed. (When will that decluttering start? :) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Christine! If there are no further delays, we hope that decluttering may start sometime in April..

      Hubby is certainly the best. I need to find a way to surprise him sometime soon :-)

      I was definitely very happy to get invited to sign up; today, another coworker told me I'd be perfect for the council, so I went and actually did put in my papers.

      I hope that there is finally an end to this construction tunnel, even though the man who takes care of a lot of those things had to go to the town hall a couple of times to kick them into gear and remind them of the plans. It's infuriating and tiring.

      Hope you have a great week, Christine!

      Delete