Saturday, January 18, 2014
Week In Review - Ten Things Of Thankful (31)
Saturday already, and today passed so quickly. First of all, big congrats to Lisa at The Meaning Of Me for scoring the open co-host position that was left by Joy. Thank you for hosting all those months, Joy!
This past week, even though quite stressful, once again held many things to be thankful for. Here are my 10 for this week:
1. Hubby surprising me with my favorite comfort food, the plain old spaghetti and tomato sauce, for dinner this Friday. Even though he prefers to put "stuff" (onions, mushrooms, etc.) in the sauce he made it just the way I love it, he's so selfless sometimes :-)
2. A wonderful Saturday morning outing with the girls today. Hubby had a rehearsal for his concert next week, so I took the girls to get their hair cut and run some errands. We had a fun lunch date at a cafe, and the girls got to pick out some wool for a little project and potential holiday present. Yes, I'm planning ahead :-)
3. Baking with Violet. It was actually pretty relaxing this time, because she relaxed and didn't panic about being left out. We definitely had tons of fun.
4. Getting approached by a co-worker if I wanted my name to be put on the list for the employee's council elections. To be honest, I have thought about signing up, but then I was insecure, didn't want to push myself into the spotlight. When my co-worker asked me to sign up, I was very moved, and I'm excited for the elections in spring!
5. A fun evening with wonderful friends. Our friends had to leave early, but the few hours we spent talking, eating, and playing a fun game, was so much fun as usual.
6. My grandpa, who got to celebrate his 85th birthday last Friday. I'm really looking forward to visiting them tomorrow.
7. Getting great news from the constuction site: There's going to be power within the next 2 to 3 weeks, and at the same time, we'll most likely have water and gas. Please keep your fingers crossed that everything works out as planned!
8. Getting a recording of hubby's performance of the Carmina Burana. Since I couldn't get any concert tickets any more, at least I will be able to listen to it at home now.
9. Having almost finished a project that I had started months ago. Yes, I'm just a mean, old procrastinator.
11. Snatching the Book of Secret Rules from Clark and adding # 815.
Have a wonderful weekend, everyone, and thank you very much for hosting, Lizzi!