Thursday, October 17, 2013

A to Z Book Survey

I'm notoriously uninspired these days. I don't know why, I just feel that I have nothing to say right now. That I am so caught up in my daily life, back in the mill. So since I have nothing to say but love to read, I'm stealing this survey I've seen over at Jenni's blog Flying on a Rainbow (you should really pay this Brit a visit!).

(Source)

Author you've read the most books from...
Christopher Moore. So funny!!

Best sequel ever:
You Suck (by said Christopher Moore. Chapter 4 is noteworthy!)

Currently reading:
The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield

Drink of choice while reading:
Ohhh, hot cocoa, tea, or red wine

E-reader or physical book?
Physical book, hands down!

Fictional character you actually would have dated in high school?
Hard one.. The Sandman (from Neil Gaiman's epic graphic novel) probably, he's just so intense

Glad you gave this book a chance:
Effi Briest. It was required reading back in high school, when I, of course, did not read it...  I read it a few years ago and actually enjoyed it...

Hidden gem book:
Definitely and hands down my favorite book of all times: Smilla's Sense for Snow by Peter Hoeg

Important moment in your reading life:
Having to re-start a book because my usualy "scanning" reading style did not do this book justice. About halfway through the book I was so lost I just had to re-start and really read. Now guess which book that was...

Just finished:
A book on the early life of the Langobard queen Rosamunde.

Kinds of books you won't read:
Twilight. No, never, not if it was the last piece of writing in the world. No.

Longest book you've ever read:
Probably one of the books from the "Song of Ice and Fire" series, or this 1000+ page tome I got from my dad's book shelf when I was 14...

Major book hangover because of:
The Exocist. Oh my goodness, I was so scared I couldn't sleep, and the morning after wasn't fun..

Number of bookcases you own:
Only 2 right now, but we used to have a little private library back before hubby had to sell several hundreds of books before our big move back to Germany.. And I'm a library addict, so I'm not buying many books.

One book you have read multiple times:
Smilla's Sense of Snow. About every winter since I've been 14.

Preferred place to read:
On the bus or in bed.
Quote from a book that inspires you

Reading regret:
Few. Probably the

Three of your all-time favorite books:
Smilla's Sense of Snow by Peter Hoeg
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Steig Larssen
Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman

Unapologetic fan girl of:
Liriel Baenre of the Tangled Web series

Very excited for this release more than all the others:
The next book of the "Song of Ice and Fire" series.

Worst bookish habit:
Missing my bus stop because I'm all lost in my book  ;-)

X marks the spot: the 27th book on my shelf:
The Last Lion by Winston Churchill

Your latest book purchase:
That's a hard one, because I almost never actually buy books. Probably a regional crime novel for my dad  ;-)

Zzz-snatcher book (latest book that kept you up way late):
Ohhh, that was probably The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo


Hoping for some inspiration tomorrow. Now off to bed!

13 comments:

  1. The Exorcist is terrifying!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it? One more time I hated myself for the "just one more chapter" attitude ;-)

      Delete
  2. Loved your list and yes to The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. I read all three books in a week's time back in the day, because I just couldn't put them down!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are book 2 and 3 good? I watched the movies and they weren't good, so I thought I wouldn't bother with the books because I liked the first one so much I didn't want to spoil it. But maybe I should get them after all..

      Delete
  3. }The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo was a good one! I've never heard of your other favorites. I'll add them to the list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get Smilla's Sense of Snow for the winter months! It's such a great book, I'll read it again this winter ;-)

      Delete
  4. This is so fun! I loved this list...now I must do one of my own!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a neat idea!! I love to read, but my tastes are quite different from yours. I love happy, good ending, love stories. I am totally hooked on the Stephanie Plum series though. I'm waiting patiently for the next one to come out! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never read any any of her books. I actually read a very broad range of books, but usually not love novels, but I might look into it ;-)

      Delete
    2. Oh I love the Stephanie Plum books, although I've only read as far as 14!

      Delete
    3. Ok, convinced, I'll check if I can getone of her books from any of the libraries around ;-)

      Delete
  6. Missing the bus stop is a real danger when you're engrossed - I've done it too!

    ReplyDelete