Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Paper Clip Fun

Do you like experiments? We did a fun one at work today with a totally work-relevant experiment. All you need is one of those magnetic paper clip dispensers you probably find in most offices (or a very small cup), water, and some metal paper clips.

paper clip dispenser (Source)
Empty the dispenser and fill with as much water until it almost overflows. Then slowly start to drop in the metal paper clips.

How many do you think you can fit?  (Solution tomorrow)

Have fun wit the experiment!

14 comments:

  1. Well being that the paper clips are less dense and will float, I am thinking you could put as many as you want in there, but this is my educated, 8th grade science teaching experience speaking!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is cool! I'll have to try it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha. What a wonderful, very important thing to do at work. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fun experiment to do with the kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cool! I'd love to do this with my group at work... I just need a work reason. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With us, the "reason" was: hey everyone, how many paper clips do you think I can drop into THIS until it overflows??? -- A second later everyone was in ;-)

      Delete