Monday, October 14, 2013

Modern Cooking - Pumpkin Lasagna

It's fall, it's pumpkin time, and I am up to cooking again. Since hubby was out on a concert on Sunday evening and I still had some mashed pumpkin left from baking pumpkin bread, I decided that it was time for some delicious pumpkin lasagna.



Ingredients:
Lasagna plates (precooked, or cooked)
1/2 Hokkaido pumpkin, diced
1 cup vegetable stock
1 T butter
1T flour
1-1/2 cups milk
salt, pepper, nutmeg for seasoning
parmesan, grated

Put pumpkin dices and vegetable stock in a pan and cover. Cook until pumkin can be mashed with a fork; season with salt and pepper.

Melt butter in a pan until foaming, wisk in flour, and add milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg.

Cover the bottom of a caserole pan with pumpkin sauce, add a layer of lasagna plates and cover with bechamel sauce. Repeat. Finish with bechamel sauce and sprinkle generously with parmesan.

Bake at 350° until the cheese is browned and bubbly.

Enjoy!


PS: besides the hubby not being a fan of this recipe, both girls preferred left-over hambuger for dinner. But I swear, the recipe is great!!

6 comments:

  1. I love that note at the end and trust me my husband would not eat this, definitely not Lily, but I would so love it (huge pumpkin fan) and maybe Emma, too, because she usually will try it at the very least if I am eating it. Thank you for sharing and if I get daring, might try this for me and could also enjoy leftovers (that is always a plus!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Richard would eat it, but he's not a fan... No idea why the girls refused, maybe for once they took Richard's side against me.. But the recipe is really so yummie and easy. I also chopped two carrots and put it in the pumpkin sauce.. Delicious!

      Delete
  2. This sounds really good!!!!! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure! This is really one of my favorite fall recipes!

      Delete
  3. I think this recipe looks wonderful but I don't think it would be worth making because Nate doesn't like anything made with squash/pumpkin (except pumpkin pie of course) ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Obviously, no-one in my family likes it either, so I froze the left-overs.. Two more dinner for me ;-)

      Delete