Monday, October 21, 2013

Told You So!

That's what I thought a couple of weeks ago. It was PTA meeting at Lily's kindergarten class. There was way too much talking, a fun game with surveys on the moms where Lily made me look pretty good (thanks, Sweetie!!), and when I was really ready to go home and rest, we parents were happily whisked to the tiny tables and chairs to do some crafting, yay!

As I was sitting with a few more moms, cutting out little umbrellas with kindergardener's scissors when Lily's head teacher approached me. The lady I don't get along with very well. The one who claimed that Lily was agressive and wanted her to be examined for behavioral disorders. The one who kept telling me how unmanageable Lily was.

Lily at her first day of kindergarten 2011


I am definitely not one of the moms who swear that their kids are perfect little angels. I know their strengths and weaknesses. But I also know that she's not agressive, or has any behavioral issues.

Exactly this teacher comes over to me and tells me what a joy Lily has become. That she has many friends and gets along with all the other kids. That she's helpful, extremely intelligent, curious, and happy girl.

Lily 2013

 Yes, I was baffled. Not that I wouldn't know that, but to hear it from this lady! And all I could think of was:

Told you so!!!

8 comments:

  1. :) What a wonderful girl you are raising! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jen! Lily is indeed a wonderful little girl!

      Delete
  2. So glad you did get that moment and I will admit would have loved that for sure, too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was glorious. I've known all along that she is just a great girl, who needed a tad bit longer to find her place in the class.

      Delete
  3. Yeah, I think "told you so" would have definitely been the right thing to say in that situation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just didn't want to appear snotty to her teacher, who is about 25 years older than me.. But I sure thought it ;-)

      Delete
  4. YAY! I'll bet you were beaming!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, I was baffled, because I had NEVER expected that from her, given the issues we'd had in the past. But I always appreciate if people can get over themselves and admit a mistake. But I'm totally beaming now ;-)

      Delete