Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Back To Work

I've been home sick for two weeks. I have never been out sick for so long, and to be honest, going back to work was harder than I had thought.

First of all, I'm still not a hundred percent, still coughing, still a little weak. And I hate not being able to just jump in. It took me two days to wade through my emails, to facepalm properly about some mistakes that have sprung from my fever brain, to get used to not being able to take naps during the day anymore.

And after work, life hit full force again as well. PTA meeting until 10pm? Why not. Doctor's appointments, picking up prescriptions, preparing a snack for a kindergarten function? Done. The washing machine is doing overtime, business as usual.

To be honest, I'm not quite up to it yet, but I'll do my best to keep up. Thanks, Chocolate!!!

(Source)

6 comments:

  1. Hugs friend! It's always hard to go back to work after being away for so long. Hopefully it gets easier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words, Jen! I just wished I could stop coughing, all my muscles hurt so bad ;-)

      Delete
  2. Ugh. No PTA meeting should last until 10.
    I'm glad you are feeling well enough to go back to work, although after 2 weeks, I'm sure there's plenty of catch-up work that is no fun. Make sure you don't overdo it and land yourself back at home sick. (Yes, I like to sound like everyone's mother. I don't know why.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I noticed the motherly tone, Christine, but love it ;-)

      The PTA meeting started at 7:30, and the teacher talked, and talked, and talked until 9. And then she announced: now we're doing some crafting (for the class' birthday calendar). It was 10 until I got out, and that after my first day back at work..

      I'll do my best to keep it easy, but I wa definitely ready to go back. Thank you for thinking about me ;-)

      Delete
  3. I truly hope work goes smoother than you anticipate and that you feel better soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Susannah! I'll get back in the flow, just trying to not overdo it in the beginning.

      Delete