Monday, March 18, 2013

Just Me And My Cup Of Chamomile Tea

Yes, I know the title is bad. I just had to rhyme a little, because it makes me smile and forget about the fact that I just feel crappy right now. I've started feeling sick yesterday after sharing a bottle of prosecco with my friend Brooke. I couldn't sleep well, had weird dreams, and was definitely not ready for work when the alarm went off. Somehow made it through the day and enjoyed cuddling with the girls while watching Simpsons after dinner.

My fellow blogger Laney at  Owl Tell You Like It Is posted the question who has influenced you the most in your life - personally or professionally - and why? Since for some reason I couldn't respond to her post, I am linking up and answer it here!

Right now, my huge professional role model is my current boss. She is also a mother of two, who has been working while her husband raised the kids. She is a hard worker and a fair boss, who demands the best of everyone. Her knowledge puts everyone in the office and even some of her bosses to shame. I know the difficulties we are facing being judged for how we raise our kids with me working and Richard being home. It must have been even worse back then for me, but still she managed to rise to the position she is in now while being there for her family.

Personally, it's the hubby, hands down. He's such a good person; according to one of his best friends a better Christian than most Christians he knows, even though we are Atheists  :-)  He is patient and compassionat for what he does. And he still tries to better the world. We were once at Hastings waiting at the check-out. There was a group of handicapped young people in front of us; one of them wanted to rent a video game but the person at the check-out wouldn't give it to him because he didn't have a rental account there. Richard put it on his card, knowing that he would end up having to pay for it, which he did. But he made that young man so happy; yes, it sounds sappy, but I fell even more in love with him at this point.


I'd love to hear who influenced you; looking forward to reading your responses!

2 comments:

  1. :) So sweet! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jen! Actually, it's bed-time here, almost 11 pm. Have a safe trip home!!

      Delete