Friday, March 29, 2013

My First LIEBSTER Award

OMG, I am totally so excited (being giddy like the girls watching "The Wiggles")! The awesome Stacey at This Momma's Ramblings nominated me for the Liebster Award; thank you so much, Stacey!!!



Ok, here are the rules of the Liebster Award (Liebster, as Stacey has pointed out, means something along the line of dearest, beloved, or favorite):

  1. Each blogger should post 11 random facts about themselves
  2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you, then create 11 new questions for the blogger's you pass the award to
  3. Choose 11 new blogger's (with less than 200 followers) and pass the award (and link) to them in your post.
  4. Go to their page and tell them about the award.
  5. No tag backs. 

11 Random Facts about me:

  1. I am a translating nerd, who gets upset about bad translations, grammar, and spelling.
  2. I have read my favorite book at least 8 or 9 times.
  3. During Middle School, my best friend and I signed up for library duty to have an excuse to be late for
      class.
  4. Our French teacher brought alcohol to a class cheese tasting in 10th grade. Germany is awesome!
  5. I'm convinced that my mother is disappointed that I am not the disappointment in the family.
  6. I cannot imagine living in a climate that doesn't have four seasons for any extended period of time.
  7. I used to be an Army wife.
  8. I used to model for a nude painting class when I was in college. It paid very well!
  9. I was engaged twice before meeting the Mr.
10. I spent a summer as an exchange student in England and loved it. My liver probably didn't love it that
      mucht!

Stacey's 11 Questions:

1. How long have you been blogging?
I've started Life, Unexpectedly in early 2010. I have shortly written a blog back in 2007/2008 to keep our families updated on the pregnancy and the baby.

2. What are your hobbies?
I'm boring, I don't have any interesting hobbies. I love to read, blog, watch movies with the hubby and play D&D or (more recently) D20 Modern table top role playing games.

3. How many children do you have or would like to have?
We have two girls; I would love to have another one a few years down the road.

4. What is your favorite tv show?
Dr. Who

5. What is your favorite color?
Purple

6. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
In Seattle, with enough money to back me that I never have to worry about anything. We have lived in the greater Seattle area for almost 2 years before deciding to move our family back to Germany for the security provided there, and because Germany is nice, too!

7. Do you have any pets?
No, but once we have the house, we would like to pick up two kitties from the shelter.

8. Do you have any tattoos or piercings?
I have 5 earrings and used to have my belly button pierced, but never put it back after my first pregnancy. I also have 3 tattoos.

9. What is your favorite dessert?
The plum crumble Adele, my exchange mom made for me. With a big scoop of vanilla ice cream.

10. Are you a night or a day person?
Night person turned day person. Still not quite comfortable with it.

11. What is your favorite Season?
Fall, hands down. But spring is nice too!


I would like to pass the Liebster Award on to these wonderful ladies:

  1. Breanna a Adventures in Mommy Land
  2. Sara at Family Organic
  3. Laney at Owl Always Blog
  4. Julia at A Dose Of Jules
  5. Lisa at Two Martinis
  6. Kimbra at Mommy's Rambles
  7. Sharon at Mom's Madhouse
  8. Bri at No Boys Allowed
  9. Stephanie at Stephanews 
10. Sara at Super Punk Rock Mom Blog 
11. Collette at Zenith Thinking

My 11 Questions to you:

  1. Do you prefer tea or coffee?
  2. What was your favorite class in high school?
  3. What's your favorite breakfast food?
  4. Why is your favorite book your favorite book?
  5. What was your favorite game to play as a child?
  6. What is a treasured holiday (any holiday) tradition?
  7. Do you rather wear skirts or pants?
  8. If there's anything in your past you could change, what would it be?
  9. Do you prefer flats or heels?
10. What is your most-used social media and why?
11. If you could travel anywhere in the world with a no-limit credit card, where would you go?



Enjoy the questions, ladies, and again thank you to Stacey for nominating me!!

15 comments:

  1. Hey Stephanie! I love Dr Who, have been catching up on Netflix. Watched the old ones growing up, like the middle ones so far :-) My mother is convinced I am the disappointment in the family and is disappointed by that. I always wanted to play D&D, but at least as a grown up I got to play Magic the Gathering :-)
    Congrats on the Liebster!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jen: Thanks for your response. Doctor Who is awesome, he Mr. hooked me up :-) Have you ever tried to find a D&D-site? We've been lucky so far and always found people to play with fairly quickly after every move. Don't worry about being a disappointment, be proud of not fitting the mold! I'm somewhat my mother's disappointment, too; but that's a story for another day...

      Delete
  2. Congrats on your Liebster! It's such a fun award. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree about the 4 seasons... As much fun as Hawaii is, it is disappointing for me not to have all 4 seasons. Having an Ice cream truck drive around playing Christmas carols just doesn't give you the same holiday cheer as watching snow fall :)

    I wanted to invite you to join in our weekly Meet & Greet Blog Hop! It runs from Friday nights till the end of Monday, come link up if you have some time :)

    http://createdbylaurie.blogspot.com/2013/03/weekend-meet-greet-blog-hop-20.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laurie! I'll gladly come and link up!

      My husband has lived in Hawaii for 4 years and loved it a lot. I'd love for him to take me there for a vacation at some point, but I would never want to live there, if I can choose. :-)

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the award! I'll have to check out the other blogs you mentioned as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! I just saw this! You're comment ended up in my blog's spam folder, and since I rarely check it I had no clue until today!

    Thank you so berry, berry much Miss Stephanie!

    Now...I gotta think of some answers! :)

    ReplyDelete