Monday, March 25, 2013

Sunday Blog Hop - Monday Link-up

Night Owl Blog



Laney, a very talented owl lover (and blogger) started this nice little Sunday blog hop with a bunch of interesting questions, which I have totally missed due to a nice little time difference. But there's always a Monday, so here we go:

1. How did you come up with the title of your blog?
Back in early 2010 when I started it, our lives had gone from normal to whirlwind;I was pregnant unplanned and as a result, after thinking of different options for our family, we decided to move back to Germany. So at a time, when all I craved was security and stability, I had to deal with a wide open future. Life is just that, unexpected. You never know what's waiting just around the corner.

2. If there was one blog post that you’d direct your readers to, what would that be?
all of them. LOL

3. What is your go-to quick fix meal when you’ve didn't get out of the office been very, very busy?
spaghetti and tomato sauce

4. What is something you’re looking forward to this coming summer?
Hopefully watching our house being built, spending a lot of time outside and teaching Lily how to be a fish in the water like her Mami  :-)

5. Do you have any goofy talents or specialties?
No, I'm boring...

6. If you could be a character from any book throughout the entire story, what book-what character?
That's difficult. Maybe Smilla, the main character of my favorite book, Smilla's Sense of Snow. She's strong, educated, knows who she is and what she wants. What hurts me a little about her is that she's lonely. In the beginning, she doesn't even realize it, but as the story unfurls, she yearns for someone to share her emotions with just to end up being betrayed (kind of).

 
 7. What is the best piece of blogging advice that you’ve ever received?
I haven't gotten much of any blogging advice, so I just go with the flow, get lost, and try to find my niche.

8. What is your biggest dream?
Go on the honeymoon trip to Rome we had planned back when we were married in 2006 (and come home with a special little souvenir)


9. What is your favorite Saturday morning like?
Sleep in, have a nice family breakfast on the porch, play outside with the girls.

10. Why do you blog?
To have a space to myself where I can be me, without the usual filters of daily life, to meet people from different parts of this world I would have never met otherwise, to learn other people's way and broaden my horizon.

Thanks for hosting, Laney!!

1 comment: