Thursday, March 28, 2013

Thirsty Thursday - Why I Got Home So Late Today (And Frozen Solid)

 Obviously MARvelous

It's this time of the week again: Thirsty Thursday blog hop, hosted by the marvelous Mar.

Before I hop away today to enjoy some date time with the hubby (he picked episodes of Myth Buster for the source of entertainment tonight), I would like to share what happened today on my way home from work.

First of all, I was late. An hour late, to be exact. Since tomorrow is a public holiday in Germany, our office closed official at 4pm; but I am also on leave next week, so I needed to tie up some lose ends before heading out today. When I got off the bus I went right into the corner store to pick up some chocolate bunnys for the girls and some champagne for the adults at the egg dying get together at a friend's house tomorrow. By then, I'm seriously late. So I hurry up to get home when I see a friend from the neighborhood, whom I haven't seen in a few months. We stop and talk for a minute, until the topic goes to baby. She confessed that she had always wanted a third child. She has two girls a little older than mine and told me that she also had two pregnancy losses after her second daughter, one of them was at 22 weeks. After those losses she developed serious migraine head aches, as she still yearns for the third child that most likely she will never have. I told her that I knew hos she felt; she interrupted me telling me that I couldn't possibly known when I confided in her about the panic attacks that sometimes go on for days thinking about maybe never having the third child my heart yearns for. She looked at me standing in the cold, and then said: Oh my goodness, you DO know....

Here we were, the girl from Kameroon so far away from home, and the girl who has moved across an ocean twice. What are the chances that we two would ever meet? And what were the chances of such an intimate conversation in public, in the cold, in the fading light of a really crappy later March evening? Well, this is life, and I wouldn't want it any other way.

2 comments:

  1. It's nice to have someone you an connect with. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jen. It really is, especially learning something like that about a person in the most unlikely situation. Hope you have a great day!

      Delete