Sunday, May 19, 2013

Sunday Social - Summer Time

Sunday Social


Linking up with Ashley for a brand-new Sunday Social!

1. What is your favorite kind of surprises?
Good ones, I'd say. We've gotten way too many "bad" surprises recently, mostly bacause of the house. I guess I love birthday, Yule, and Mother's Day surprises, too!

2. Flowers or chocolate?
Hard one.. I think I'd go with chocolate, if it's of the dark kind. Otherwise flowers!

3. What is your favorite summer time activity?
Everything outdoors. Probably going to fairs, because the girls love going on the rides, and I love to get a bag of sugar almonds and watch the hubby getting tipsy off a "Maß" of German beer  :-)

Easy riders  :-)
4. Do you have any vacations planned this summer?
Actually, we do! I booked an apartment in the Bavarian forest for the first week in August just last Friday. Really looking forward to getting away for a little and have a change of scenery.

The tree-top trail in St. Englmar (Source)
 5. Favorite summer holiday?
Any holiday that gives me the day off, so I can spend it with the family. If I have to pick one, I'd probably say mid-summer celebrations. Can't beat celebrating the longest day of the year!

6. What is your dream vacation?
I don't have THE dream vacation, because there are so many places I want to see. I want to go to Rome with the hubby, see Hawaii and Alaska, go to Cuba with my friend, go on a Safari in South Africa and visit Marrakesh in Morocco...

5 comments:

  1. What is yule? Never heard of that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yule is a Nordic indiginous mid-winter festival, adapted by Christians and turned into Christmas. Since we are Atheists we rather celebrate the original holiday of the longest night and the re-birth of light.

      Delete
  2. I agree with you! I'd rather have dark chocolate that flowers but I'd chose flowers over other types of chocolate. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dark chocolate is awesome, the darker the better! My friend would send me care-packages with extra-dark chocolate (up to 80% cocoa) when I lived in the States, and I made sure to enjoy every last bit of it!

      Delete