Monday, May 13, 2013

I'm Sorry...

Today, Jenni's Blog Every Day In May challenge asks me to issue a public apology. Well, here it is:

I'm sorry for being me. Actually, not really.. But I am sorry that YOU have a problem with me being me. Unfortunately, I will not change who I am just to gain your approval. Why? Well, because the only people who really matter (i.e. my hubby and our two wonderful girls) love me just the way I am. They love me even tough I'm OCD at times. They love me even though I color my hair darker despite the fact that they like me better with my natural color (as voiced by Lily today). They love me despite being impatient, moody, grumpy, overworked, etc. They are my rock to ground me; therefore I will have to inform you that YOUR input doesn't matter. I will never be the housewife you expected me to be. I will never apologize for loving my girls and not yearing for a boy. I will never give up the job I love. I will not apoligize for being successful, since I have worked hard enough for it. I will not apologize for the fight I have not initiated. I will not allow you to abuse my daughters and get away with it. And I will not forget about it for the sake of your precious harmony.

I am me, and if you cannot accept that, I'm sorry for you.

*************************************




4 comments:

  1. Hey there. I tried to reply to the comment you left on my blog but it says that you're a "no-reply" blogger so it wont let me. Here is a good post on how to fix that if you're interested.

    http://www.wifessionals.com/2013/05/i-want-you-to-know-i-love-you-so-please.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, fun, learned something new about me, I'm a no-reply blogger.. Weird, it works for other people.. Thanks for the link, went and fixed it ;-)

      Delete
  2. That's how I am. But then again some people have major issues if they cant accept you or anyone else how they are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exctly. But it's still difficult, at least for me, to accept that there are people who dislike me or criticize me just for being me.

      Delete